Friday, January 1, 2010

A NEW YEAR AND NEW BEGINNING FOR THOSE IN GLASS HOUSES...

Happy New Year to all of you. May it be a happy, safe and prosperous one for you and your family.

I want to start out this entry with an apology for not writing anything since October. It's been a crazy fall and early winter here.

I've started using Glass Eye 2000 software from Dragonfly Software to do my designing as you read in my earlier blog entry. I've become quite proficient with it and while working with my ideas or someone else's, can design the piece, email a jpeg of the design for approval, and have it printed out and on the board and ready for creating in a matter of a couple of hours.

I've joined a few art groups including the Moapa Valley Art Guild, and various LinkedIn art groups including Stained Glass Artists for the World Wide Windows Project run by Jurjen Schuur of the Netherlands. I found that being involved with groups like this, I have met some wonderful glass artists who enjoy sharing their knowledge. I've learned a lot from the people I've met through these groups.

And I've been working with Claire H. of i.design to create my website. Claire has done a marvelous job in creating a beautiful website to show off my glass art. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

www.Thoseinglasshouses.com

I can't help but think that the things that have kept me away from my blog will now give me more things to blog about in the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment